WW2 6th armoured “super sixth” MTO/PTO camo Helmet - bullet struck

ArchangelDM

So...what's the back story?

Awesome helmet.

Unfortunately there is little info on it,

It turned up at an auction and I won it. It has a name and number inside and currently me and another member are working on cracking it.

Thanks for the kind comments

Great piece Dean! Incredible on all counts, camo, bullet strike, armour marked liner, hits all the marks! Congrats!

Rick

Thankyou Rick

I hope your well my friend and Im

Glad you enjoyed the thread and helmet

- Dean

RememberThe5thESB

The most amazing part has to be the fact that the bullet traveled THROUGH the liner, and since you say it more or less nicked the sweat band clip, the wearer literally had a bullet fly less than a quarter of an inch from their head. Maybe even an eigth. Cant see it but I'm sure he felt it! (One big headache for sure)

Sent from my SM-J327V using Tapatalk

It's always possible the helmet wasn't being worn when it was hit as well. I have read many books with stories from vets who say their helmet was shot when it was laying on the ground when they were busy doing whatever.

Hunt

Hands down museum piece, awesome helmet!

Pat

Thanks Pat

If my son and daughter dont take on my passion for it some will go that way

Thanks again

Dean

The most amazing part has to be the fact that the bullet traveled THROUGH the liner, and since you say it more or less nicked the sweat band clip, the wearer literally had a bullet fly less than a quarter of an inch from their head. Maybe even an eigth. Cant see it but I'm sure he felt it! (One big headache for sure)

Sent from my SM-J327V using Tapatalk

Yep,

It literally shot past his eyebrows and across his face. The speed and sensation of it must have been incredible.

I spoke with a vet from the gulf war and he said taking a shot to the head like that if worn the vet would have had a concussion with neck damage due to trajectory and force etc.

Dean

The name looks like "Hagood". Lots of Hagoods on the WW2 memorial registry.

Thats what I thought too (so good to have some independent confirmation). Haven't found him yet.

Did find this earlier today, but no way to tie this one instance to this particular helmet.

post-5941-0-22144200-1549667932_thumb.jpg