2 X Airborne Overseas Caps Recently Sold on Ebay; Pls Contact Me

Kadet

If a forum members won one or both of these caps recently, I would really appreciate them reaching out to me. I can make it worth their while...

post-110-0-71148300-1549403681_thumb.jpg

Slightly off topic here, but can anyone point me to info about the use of the airborne infantry cap patch (not the combined para/glider) and if it would have also been worn by support folks within an Infantry Battalion? Medics, Battalion S2, etc.. I'm looking for any input that would indicate if it was more of an organizational item vs. being a individual infantry only item.

Thanks in advance!

Slightly off topic here, but can anyone point me to info about the use of the airborne infantry cap patch (not the combined para/glider) and if it would have also been worn by support folks within an Infantry Battalion? Medics, Battalion S2, etc.. I'm looking for any input that would indicate if it was more of an organizational item vs. being a individual infantry only item.

Thanks in advance!

Anyone in the unit wore it.I have two hats from a surgeon (medical).He served with the 508th PIR the whole war.One cap has the chute only on blue and his other cap has the chute and glider(his end of war/occupation cap).

In post #6 you will see both his caps

www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/202408-d-day-paratrooper-groupings/?hl=surgeon#entry1583226

Thanks in advance!

I'd go out on a limb and say everyone in the unit has airborne training, including the chefs and medics. They gotta get there somehow.

To follow up on this...these two caps were split from a bigger group and I would really like to reunite it if possible. Both were sold to the same buyer. If you are out there, pls drop me a line...I'm sure we can work something out

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

BTT again. I can't help but think these went to a member here. The caps belonged to an original jump qualified FSSF member. I acquired his uniforms and a fantastic photo album from the seller in a subsequent deal. Unfortunately, he listed the caps before the other items so they were sold with no history. I have photos of him wearing one of the caps...perhaps the new owner is interested :) maybe we could make a deal for at least one of them?

• 2 years later...

Bump...still looking for these caps. The cap with the para glide patch is unmarked on the interior, but the other has an AMACO Los Angeles label with the last name Creighton visible

Screen Shot 2019-02-05 at 6.26.03 AM copy.png

I hope you connect with them one of these days. 

The trick that often works for me is to totally give up on it.  Say, out loud "I don't want them anymore!!!!".   They will show up the next day.

Mike