WWII Knife Ad?

mikedon

I found a scan of an old knife ad mixed in with tons of other stuff in one of my knife folders. I have it titled “SAIW knife 1944 ad”. For the life of me I can’t remember where I got it from.

Does anyone recognize the print ad in the middle of the attached picture? I would like to get a copy of the original magazine it appeared in so I can verify the date of the ad. You think it would have first appeared during the war since it is titled “Knives For The Boys In Service”. Thanks!!!

post-165606-0-97582200-1549210906_thumb.jpg

I found a scan of an old knife ad mixed in with tons of other stuff in one of my knife folders. I have it titled “SAIW knife 1944 ad”. For the life of me I can’t remember where I got it from.

Does anyone recognize the print ad in the middle of the attached picture? I would like to get a copy of the original magazine it appeared in so I can verify the date of the ad. You think it would have first appeared during the war since it is titled “Knives For The Boys In Service”. Thanks!!!

No help from me but really interesting clips & ad!!

Well I found where I copied the ad from. I got it from a post made right here in the Forum, "Use of Civilian Knives in Combat", made 28 July, 2007.

The post states that the center ad I am interested in came from an April 1944 New York newspaper.

I contacted the member who made the post and he does not know what New York newspaper or the exact date the ad appeared.

If anyone has the means and know how to search April 1944 New York newspapers I would appreciate any help you could provide me in obtaining a copy or page scan of the actual newspaper this ad appeared in.

I want to determine for sure whether the "turned wood handle with flattened sides" sword knife was actually made during WWII. It is the lower $7.49 "double edged jungle knife" in the middle ad. I always thought it was and if I can get an actual copy or scan of this newspaper page showing the ad and date would be pretty compelling proof. I attached a picture of some of my knives of this type.

Thanks!!

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/8128-use-of-civilian-knives-in-combat/?hl=%2Buse+%2Bcivilian+%2Bknives+%2Bcombat

post-165606-0-14603600-1549374027_thumb.jpg

THAT IS IT!!

Thanks so much aznation! Great article also.

I grew up in OKC, went to Taft Jr. High School and Northwest Classen High School.

My day is made!

Good deal. You're welcome. I was happy when I found it too, especially since I had been searching for so long. The clue about it being in a New York newspaper was the key. I wish the scan would've been clearer, but that's the only one I found. Hopefully, that's good enough.

I've lived in Okla City since 1984 when I was in the U.S. Air Force assigned at Tinker AFB. Met my wife while working in the USAF Hospital Tinker and her parents lived here, so here's where I've stayed. Glad I was able to help a fellow "Okie" (which I now consider myself).

Anyway, have a good one!

Matt