WASP Ruth Roberts

dskjl

I believe this is all original, she started with one group and graduated with another from what I understand. This info came from another forum member who did some digging.

mhalstead1950

Wow, absolutely incredible! I would easily give my left leg for a small portion of that group. It's so complete, I wold love to see it fully displayed.

• 2 months later...

Very nice to see this wonderful group again. I made the initial purchase right out of Dr. Roberts residence and it looks like everything is still intact. After the war she earned a PhD and taught for many years, enjoying her free time at a wilderness cabin. Quite a lady!

Her father served in 1898-99 Philippines combat with the 13th Minnesota Infantry then went back to teach for a couple of years as a civilian. His diaries are fascinating and that grouping as interesting as his daughter's.

And Ruth's grandfather was an officer in a New York regiment during the Civil War. Only a few items in the estate from him, but certainly exciting to find 3 generations of service represented in one small household.

Stephen

Photo I took of a part of the grouping after 1stMinn purchased it back in 2013. Looks like there was an ID bracelet in the grouping then as well.

post-5941-0-63424800-1554129713.jpg

She did start with one class then move to another, but I don't remember if that was due to an injury or whether she washed out the first time.