1917 plumb bolo varient?

gunny214

Have had a couple of the 1917 bolos for years and never paid much attention to them. One is very standard looking, been there done that sort of piece. The other is a bit different, blade length is the same but it has a bowie/clip point style blade. Appears to be original, no grind marks. Other odd thing is the handle scales have no screws, don't know if they're glued or what. Anyone have any ideas as to its history, thanks.

gunny214- Sounds like an interesting piece for discussion here. Not sure about ever seeing one like this, but if you could post some pics everyone will be glad to check it out. SKIP

Success I think. Pics of the 2 bolos, note point of lower one. Second pic shows lack of screws in handle. Blade doesn't have grind marks, looks original to me so that's why I'm asking. Thanks for any help.

post-213617-0-42753600-1548637394.jpg

post-213617-0-02797100-1548637395.jpg

The wooden grips appear to be replacements, maybe shop made to fit the owner's hands. The blade looks ground to someone's personal preference. I have never seen a picture of a factory issued one w/ that grind. But you never know. Who manufactured the bolo? SKIP