6 replies to this topic

#1 shrapneldude

shrapneldude
  • Members
    • Member ID: 1,424
  • 8,157 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 08:43 PM

Hi!
Had this for a long time in the collection...still can't get a good shot of it because of the glass and camera flash, but it's really nice. Have seen a lot of neat displays like this -- anyone has them, please post.

This one's nice because it even has the Brevet medal. I'd heard that a company in australia began selling these back in the 70 / 80s.

#2 MWalsh

MWalsh
  • Members
    • Member ID: 440
  • 5,730 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 08:04 AM

I have one identical to yours.

Nice items for a collection, as they have all the major medals right there, even if they are minis, and even if they are all newer made, at least I think so.

At one time I also owned one of these but with Army medals, and without the MoH in it. I suspect that was a later made version and that the ones with the MoH are earlier made.

I have also seen these for the Army, with the MoH, but have never seen or heard of one for the Air Force - anyone know if that exists?

Does anyone know for sure who made these or contact info for rhe makers, or anything? I too had heard the Australia story before. The American Legion post I am a member of has nothing like this, no displays, etc, I would LOVE to be able to purchase these displays, the USN / USMC, Army, and Air Force ones, for my Post and donate them, for mounting on the walls, even if it did not include the MoH.

My small town had a Civil War MoH recipient, so it would be major awesome to have a replica MoH from the Civil War to be able to nicely frame up and display too!

MW

#3 4STARCHRIS

4STARCHRIS
  • Members
    • Member ID: 387
  • 2,645 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 06:48 PM

Bob_minis_44.JPG

Here are Col. Bob Howard's minis I made for him for a Medal of Honor Event.
Enjoy.
4starchris

#4 4STARCHRIS

4STARCHRIS
  • Members
  • 2,645 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 06:50 PM

mike_minis_44_1.jpg

Here are LIMike horton's minis I made for him and a Medal of Honor Event.
Enjoy.
4starchris

#5 shrapneldude

shrapneldude
  • Members
    • Member ID: 1,424
  • 8,157 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 07:11 PM

Very nice, Chris!

#6 4STARCHRIS

4STARCHRIS
  • Members
  • 2,645 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 07:29 PM

moore_44_minis.jpg

LTG HAL Moore. "We are Soldier..." fame. These were his minis I made for a Medal of Honor Event.
Enjoy
4starchris

#7 Mark M

Mark M
  • Members
    • Member ID: 569
  • 2,471 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 03:37 PM

Forum members:

You are in the MEDALS & DECORATIONS "Reference Section". This area is where posts from the general Medals & Decorations "discussion section" (http://www.usmilitar.....?showforum=83) are moved for permanent retention and education about the history of the various U.S. medals and military decorations.

As time moves forward, some of these posts may have additional information added to them by the moderators of this section. We ask for your input as well, especially in the correction of any erroneous information that may have inadvertently be posted..

We encourage further comments about this post and its content. In order to do so, you will need to start a new post in the general Medals & Decorations "discussion section" (here: http://www.usmilitar.....?showforum=83). And, as needed, we will be pleased to move any new and / or valued information that is derived from your post (and subsequent comments) into this reference area as its own standing post.

Please be advised: posting and / or editing is restricted on this post to moderator's and forum staff.

Sincerely,
Chris / ADMIN

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users