• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 KurtA

KurtA
  • Members
    • Member ID: 322
  • 7,533 posts

Posted 21 January 2019 - 10:44 AM

Acquired this years ago due to the theater-made Liberators tab and sew-on ribbons and then kind of forgot about it.  Dug it out recently and noticed there was a name in it.  Turns out this belonged to LTC Howard Aubrey Trammell  LTC -Retired-  4/18/1920 - 2/9/2000.    Amazing how much info a quick internet search turned up.

Enlisted in 1939 in Missouri.  As a captain in WW2, was CO of C Co 62nd Armored Infantry Bn and was awarded his Silver Star for actions in January 1945 in the Vosges Mountains of France when the Germans staged their last offensive of the war - Operation Nordwind.   Cpt Trammell's company was part of Task Force Hudelson during the battle and was involved in some very heavy combat.  

In the Korean War, as a major, he was an advisor to the Korean Army.  

Retired at some point as a LTC in the Army Reserves.  

Lots of info for 10 minutes searching the internet.  When I first acquired the coat, all that interesting info wasn't available and I forgot about it. 

Trammell3.jpg Trammell9.jpg

Trammell4.jpg Trammell5.jpg

#2 Proud Kraut

Proud Kraut

• Moderators
    • Member ID: 2,052
  • 5,554 posts

Posted 21 January 2019 - 10:58 AM

Excellent, thanks very much for sharing this gem!

#3 Teamski

Teamski
  • Members
    • Member ID: 3,043
  • 14,147 posts

Posted 21 January 2019 - 11:08 AM

Now that is a uniform!  Really nice!

-Ski

#4 Brian D

Brian D
  • Members
    • Member ID: 291
  • 3,775 posts

Posted 21 January 2019 - 01:36 PM

Wow, that's a beauty Kurt.....and to think that you had to "dig" this gem out of hiding!  (I think that means your collection is too large and should be willed to ME!)  ha

#5 KurtA

KurtA
  • Members
    • Member ID: 322
  • 7,533 posts

Posted 21 January 2019 - 02:20 PM

Wow, that's a beauty Kurt.....and to think that you had to "dig" this gem out of hiding!  (I think that means your collection is too large and should be willed to ME!)  ha

Brian-

Actually, you are  correct -  And I have greatly slowed down my "accumulating" as things have gotten out of hand, storage-wise 

By the way, you are in my will, but it's for my collection of Beanie Babies.  

Kurt

#6 shinglehouse

shinglehouse
  • New Members
    • Member ID: 134,930
  • 20 posts

Posted 30 October 2019 - 03:38 AM

Hi KurtA,

I'm the 14th AD's historian and webmaster.  Based on your having a huge collection would you have an interest in selling Trammell's coat to me for the Association's preservation efforts?

Thanks!

Mikel

PS - I know a 62nd AIB A Company veteran but sadly haven't met any veterans from C Company yet.

Edited by shinglehouse, 30 October 2019 - 03:39 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users