WWII USMC uniform on eBay

ww2guymandude

ww2guymandude

Hi all, this uniform for sale on eBay used to be in my collection, just wanted to give a heads up that the seller replaced the ribbons and did not mention it in the description. They used to be all wolf brown plastic coated, with the asiatic pacific campaign ribbon having 2 stars.

Posted Image

Here is the uniform before being listed on eBay by the new seller.

Posted Image

Posted Image

ww2guymandude

What am I missing? The pictured ribbons all appear to in fact be WB plastic ribbons..

The ribbons in the eBay listing are not plastic coated, but before I sold it to that seller they WERE plastic coated and he took them off and replaced them with other ribbons. The picture of the plastic coated ribbons that I posted was when it was still in my possession.

Lucky 7th Armored

Update from the listing:

Update 01/16/2019 : For those who are interested: The original ribbons when I acquired this blouse happened to be incorrect and I’d suspect it was the previous owners’ wrong doing. The ribbons on this jacket were restored to match Mr. Gibson’s files accurately. They are all original World War II ribbons. Nevertheless, everything else on this jacket is 100% as it was acquired. If you look at pictures provided the stitching is all correct and not tampered. The EGA’s are also original and not tampered with either.

There was both a Harold and a Harry with the same last name in the 4th MarDiv, so what are the chances the Marine was misidentified and thats why the ribbons dont match the records?