A Tale of Two Brothers

jmar

Joe, belated New Years greetings--it's good to see you posting again! Wonderful pair of state medals to 2 brothers and interesting reading. Interesting that "Ferd" turned down an opportunity for a commission to get in the fight quicker. Also, that the brothers came from a Democratic family, but Ferd became a Republican while Thomas held an office as a Democrat. Probably interesting when they got together to talk politics. Do you know if the VFW post named for Ferd is still in operation?

Joe, belated New Years greetings--it's good to see you posting again! Wonderful pair of state medals to 2 brothers and interesting reading. Interesting that "Ferd" turned down an opportunity for a commission to get in the fight quicker. Also, that the brothers came from a Democratic family, but Ferd became a Republican while Thomas held an office as a Democrat. Probably interesting when they got together to talk politics. Do you know if the VFW post named for Ferd is still in operation?

Hello AB! Always nice to see you stop in. A Happy New Year to you as well. I bet there were some animated Thanksgiving dinner political discussions, I never thought of that! As far as the Post still being open, I'm not sure, from my research it appears so. I'll have to do a drive by when the weather gets nicer. I'm also planning on visiting Thomas' grave in the spring to take flowers. The cemetery is only about 15 minutes from where I live and I have a very good friend who volunteers there as an archivist. I'm hoping he can point me to the family plot.

Thanks again for your comments, they are much appreciated!

Best wishes,

Joe

Hi Joe,

Very nice grouping of medals and research. Thanks for posting them for us. Happy New Year.

Dick

Hello Dick,

So good to see you drop by, a very Happy New Year to you as well. Thank you for taking the time to read and comment! I've got a LOT of catching up to do, but I'm so glad to be back!

Best wishes always!

Joe

Great thread. Excellent research. Thanks for sharing their story.

Thank you FS for commenting, it is much appreciated!

Best wishes,

Joe