WW2 USMC Grouping of a flame thrower technician in the PTO

ArchangelDM

Im very lucky to be able to show you this fantastic small grouping that was given to me by his son Frank Junior.

He has given me the ok to show details of his father and to share his memory with a community that cares and will appreciate the photos.

When I asked why he has given his fathers items to me, he told me his health was failing and he had no family to pass it on. He wanted them in a loving home, I promised to display them to honor his father.

Details of his father Frank senior

Frank Wisniewski

Marine Corp corporal, pay grade 5, S/N 487399
Entered service on Nov. 5, 1942 Cleveland, Ohio
Place of seperation: Great Lakes, Illionois
Service schools attended: Ords & Repair Dep: MB Quantico
Honorable Discharge on Dec. 1, 1945
Length of Foreignand/or Sea service: 1yr, 9mths, 18 days
Principal Military Duty: Remote Control Technician----919
Served in the South Pacific, cleared caves, etc with a flamethrower.

In the grouping was 42 original photos taken on the islands, his sea bag and his P2 canteen cover.

The canteen speaks for itself, it still has the volcanic sand on it, this same canteen can be seen in the 1942 photo of him posing with his Rifle.

Its apparent that this canteen ment a lot to him,

It sure shows some serious use, and has some amazing stories to tell.

The photos are something very special, 42 of them and all original.

There is a photo of what looks to be mount suribachi, photos of his division on what looks like Iwo Jima or Okinawa, dead Japanese, and the islands.

On the back is written on one of the photos just strolling around after the island was secured thats just epic !

What amazes me is the actual conditions in these photos of the extent of the damage to the islands and just how little cover there was.

Having actual personal photos from the vet showing these conditions brings it home.

Well here is the small grouping and I thank his son Frank Junior for letting these historically important items come into my collection to look after Untill the next caretaker.

- Dean

Sick group! Really interesting it belonged to a flame thrower guy! I'm am sure it will be preserved for years to come!

Jacob

Sick group! Really interesting it belonged to a flame thrower guy! I'm am sure it will be preserved for years to come!

Jacob

Thanks Jacob

One of the jobs no marine wanted ! - I have an M2 flame thrower and have worn it for 30 mins while getting it to the car, believe me when I say that it is back breaking. Let alone no other gear being worn,

- Dean