PARAMARINE WITH DEVIL DOG/ 1ST. CHAPLAIN IN PARAMARINES

6th.MG.BN

Here is a group of press release photos I thought I'd share.

First is a Paramarine with his Devil Dog "Heinz".

Second is Padre of the Paramarines, the first chaplain to join the Paramarines, Father Jospeh P. Mannion. If you look on his hip he is wearing a Western USMC Parachutist knife.

Ken

post-20163-0-51728700-1546787079_thumb.jpg

Catfishcraig

Very nice pictures thanks for sharing?

Im not sure about the knife. Yes I think its a Western Knife but it looks like it has a stacked leather handle and not made of wood that the USMC Paramarine Knife had.

The below picture is from the 2nd page of the following post and compared the two.

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/124902-what-do-i-have-usmc-knife/page-2

If Im wrong please correct me.

Craig

post-12393-0-99182100-1546817250.jpeg

Catfishcraig

Reading the referenced post again. It could be an early Western Paramarine prototype. Either way, thanks for sharing some cool pictures and good eye as I probably would have missed seeing the knife altogether.

Craig

Very nice pictures thanks for sharing?

Im not sure about the knife. Yes I think its a Western Knife but it looks like it has a stacked leather handle and not made of wood that the USMC Paramarine Knife had.

The below picture is from the 2nd page of the following post and compared the two.

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/124902-what-do-i-have-usmc-knife/page-2

If Im wrong please correct me.

Craig

Craig,

I thought I would add that after looking closer at the picture it doesn't look like a stacked leather washer handle. Also if you look at the scabbard it has the retaining strap low like it shows it in your reply compare to the higher one on the other Western knife.

To be fair I didn't show any of the other 5 pictures the Marine Corps allowed to showcase the Padre. I feel the Marine Corps would probably issue him a Parachutists knife for the photo shoot.

Ken