WW II Army Overseas Bars and Service Stripe

madmoose

This picture shows a WW II Army uniform with what I think is WW I overseas bars and a WW I Enlistment Stripe. The uniform is named Willard Sherman, born in 1915, Service in WW II. Any ideas? Could it be a per WW II in enlistment? Any help would me greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Milton

post-207856-0-64821300-1546727106_thumb.jpg

Something's not right here.

If he was born in 1915, there is no way he could have been in WWI, therefore he has no business wearing the WWI stripes.

Even if he was born in , say 1895, he could have served in WWI, but technically the stripes aren't quite right on a WWII uniform, but it was seen.

The other problem is that the WWII service stripe is sewn on incorrectly. It should be at a diagonal with the bottom on the left and the top at the right. This one is the opposite. It also looks like they have sewn it on with the backside of the overseas stripe facing out because the short side of the stripe should be vertical, or parallel with the sleeve.

This could be a veteran put-together, or kids playing with Dad's/Grandpa's stuff, or just about anything.

Thank you, I thought they were not right. I guess this is one of them mysteries I will never know the answer to.

Tale care

Milton