Small Dr.’s Vet lot

Brian Keith

I picked up this small lot in the 80s, probably at a gun show. Vet, Chester A. Morgan was from Van Wert, OH. Im 95 % sure he was a Medical Doctor, but cant prove it. He was a Captain in the Medical Corps, in the 172nd Field Artillery Battalion. Interesting things of note are his identity tags with the rubber hose from a protective mask as a silencer. Interesting that as a Medical person, he thought he needed to do that, maybe they were just cold to him on his skin. The souvenir German knife is not military, and the German insignia was probably added by him. The blue notebook mentions several men being treated for syphilis. There are other papers and patches in the group that I didnt include in the photo.

Thanks for looking,

BKW

post-1549-0-07712800-1546289996.jpg

Interesting comment that you are only 95% sure he was a Medical Doctor. If he was in the Medical Corps, he was a Doctor. Curious as to where the 5% doubt comes from.

Here's a clip from the Delphos OH Daily Herald newspaper Jan 1943 (near Van Wert).

post-913-0-48572600-1546351719_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the comments and the newspaper clip. I just wasn't sure because nothing I had proved he was a MD. Even his grave stone is small and just has his initials and last name. Your clip just proved it for me. Thanks! I try to not make assumptions with artifacts.

Have a Happy New Year!

BKW