1 reply to this topic

#1 Sturmvogel

Sturmvogel
  • New Members
    • Member ID: 2,998
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 December 2018 - 01:54 PM

Hello, 

This is one of my first posts. For my next book, I am researching the shooting down of a Junkers Ju 88 on 8 May 1945 by the 204th Antiaircraft Artillery Automatic Weapons Battalion (AAA AW Bn). Since 6 May 1945, it was attached to the 71st AAA Group and was based at airfield R-11 in Germany. 

What I am trying to find out is:

- To which Group was the 204th AAA AW Bn attached before 6 May?

- How long has it already been at airfield R-11? I think it arrived sometimes in the second half of April 1945, but I am not sure.

Also, when they record the time when they shot down an aircraft in Germany in the official history of the unit, would the time be local time (i.e. German summer time) or did the US Army use a standardized time for the whole of Europe?

Thanks,

Roger

www.vintageeagle.com

#2 pop401k

pop401k
  • Recruits
    • Member ID: 136,369
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 March 2019 - 07:19 AM

Hello, 

This is one of my first posts. For my next book, I am researching the shooting down of a Junkers Ju 88 on 8 May 1945 by the 204th Antiaircraft Artillery Automatic Weapons Battalion (AAA AW Bn). Since 6 May 1945, it was attached to the 71st AAA Group and was based at airfield R-11 in Germany. 

What I am trying to find out is:

- To which Group was the 204th AAA AW Bn attached before 6 May?

- How long has it already been at airfield R-11? I think it arrived sometimes in the second half of April 1945, but I am not sure.

Also, when they record the time when they shot down an aircraft in Germany in the official history of the unit, would the time be local time (i.e. German summer time) or did the US Army use a standardized time for the whole of Europe?

Thanks,

Roger

www.vintageeagle.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users