What era are these jump wings?

No Quarter

The Jump wings were made by Crest Craft and would probably date to around the 1965-1966 time frame. The Air Assault wings are post-Vietnam. That design first appeared in 1974 at Fort Campbell with the 101st Airborne Division. It later was approved Army wide for graduates of Air Assault school.

The NS Meyer subdued wings date from about 1968 to more recent times up until NS Meyer went out of business. They are black non-reflective coating on brass. The Crest Craft wings are made of sterling silver but newly issued Government military insignia in sterling pretty much ceased after 1964. I know I will get some pushback as silver wings were still available in the PX and by special order, but when the US mint stopped producing silver coins, they also stopped ordering insignia made of sterling silver. Existing stocks of sterling badges were available well in to the late 1970's and even early 1980's.

I wonder what code in the mid-sh 50s mid-sh 60s Crest Craft used first, the 14C or the 23C? Can't imagine they used the two of them simultaneously, interesting too that that 14C is not listed in the WAF code compilation list.