Post-WW2 British-made Aircrew Wings Detailed Real or Not ?

TheMariner

I acquired these wings a week or so ago and I intend to sell them but I am a little on the fence about them so I wanted to see what others thought! Are these original period wings ? They look very nice! Just hope someone has some info on them!

post-160496-0-79416100-1545597544_thumb.jpg

Hmm that is strange the construction style also looks similar to a Ludlow but again the back is off! so most likely not CBI, the pattern seems to be more British made! I guess the question still is, authentic or a facsimile?

Thanks BBG so what we are looking at is a 50s or 60s British made private purchase possibly by Firmin and sold to US military personal or more specifically guys in the Airforce ? Or thats at least the conclusion reached on them until more evidence is produced?

Yes, I think that these are probably English-made wings from the 50-60's. Really nice, no matter when they were made! I had a near identical one on a 60's dated USAF jacket a few years ago

I guess here is the better question are these worth $55 bucks or are they worth less or more in your opinion ? Trying to decide if I should return them or not! Thanks

Worth is a relative thing, especially if you are trying to sell them to someone else. I'd say that about 50$ is little over retail price for these, but you never ever know.