MARPAT Helmet Covers

Philip

there is an official reversible marpat ach cover!

check this out:

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewIt...=tab%3DWatching

Sing to the tune of Camp Town Races

"I think this is a Kno oh koff, do da, do da"

MICH is a system, not THE helmet, the helmet is a Advanced Combat Helmet. As I have stated in other posts, only non military call the helmet the MICH when it doesn't have the comms system, therefore, I think this is a well done knock off with a homemade UPC label. The US UPC labels have the NSN number printed with the bar code, this one doesn't. I blew the picture up and can't find anything that is remotely close to the EGA symbol in the material.

....oh, the do da day.

• 2 years later...

Sorry to bring this thread up from the bowels of the forum, but I have a question about the EGA's embedded in the Marpat covers. I posted a pic of the mfr. stamp on one of mine(post 11), but this cover does not have an EGA anywhere on it. I have another that I purchased from the same lot, same mfr., and it does have the EGA embedded. I have been told a few times that sometime the cuttings to make the covers could be void of any EGA's...is this possible?

Sorry to bring this thread up from the bowels of the forum, but I have a question about the EGA's embedded in the Marpat covers. I posted a pic of the mfr. stamp on one of mine(post 11), but this cover does not have an EGA anywhere on it. I have another that I purchased from the same lot, same mfr., and it does have the EGA embedded. I have been told a few times that sometime the cuttings to make the covers could be void of any EGA's...is this possible?

Yes it is possible. I have seen many of these covers, and they have all had an EGA, but some were only partial and on the edge of only one pannel (Covers have 3 pannels or pieces of material that are sewn together to make the cover)

One more thing, I have seen both stamped labels and sewn on labels on original issue covers. Having said that I have never seen a one color camo cover that is not a fake.

I have a green only MARPAT cover in my collection, that came from a Marine. My beliefe is that he needed / wanted a MARPAT camo cover so he purchased a comertially avalible copy. He probably lost his and didn't want his Platoon Sgt to chew him out??? In either case, it was USMC Used so I kept it.