• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#26 hawkdriver

hawkdriver
  • Members
    • Member ID: 2,549
  • 8,038 posts

Posted 25 December 2008 - 06:30 PM

there is an official reversible marpat ach cover!
check this out:
http://cgi.ebay.de/w.....=tab=Watching

Sing to the tune of Camp Town Races

"I think this is a Kno oh koff, do da, do da"

MICH is a system, not THE helmet, the helmet is a Advanced Combat Helmet. As I have stated in other posts, only non military call the helmet the MICH when it doesn't have the comms system, therefore, I think this is a well done knock off with a homemade UPC label. The US UPC labels have the NSN number printed with the bar code, this one doesn't. I blew the picture up and can't find anything that is remotely close to the EGA symbol in the material.

....oh, the do da day.

#27 Mk1rceme

Mk1rceme
  • Members
    • Member ID: 1,940
  • 543 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 02:22 PM

Sorry to bring this thread up from the bowels of the forum, but I have a question about the EGA's embedded in the Marpat covers. I posted a pic of the mfr. stamp on one of mine(post 11), but this cover does not have an EGA anywhere on it. I have another that I purchased from the same lot, same mfr., and it does have the EGA embedded. I have been told a few times that sometime the cuttings to make the covers could be void of any EGA's...is this possible?

#28 Fly USMC

Fly USMC
  • Members
    • Member ID: 5,056
  • 4,848 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 07:01 PM

Sorry to bring this thread up from the bowels of the forum, but I have a question about the EGA's embedded in the Marpat covers. I posted a pic of the mfr. stamp on one of mine(post 11), but this cover does not have an EGA anywhere on it. I have another that I purchased from the same lot, same mfr., and it does have the EGA embedded. I have been told a few times that sometime the cuttings to make the covers could be void of any EGA's...is this possible?

Yes it is possible. I have seen many of these covers, and they have all had an EGA, but some were only partial and on the edge of only one pannel (Covers have 3 pannels or pieces of material that are sewn together to make the cover)

#29 Fly USMC

Fly USMC
  • Members
    • Member ID: 5,056
  • 4,848 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 07:06 PM

One more thing, I have seen both stamped labels and sewn on labels on original issue covers. Having said that I have never seen a one color camo cover that is not a fake.

I have a green only MARPAT cover in my collection, that came from a Marine. My beliefe is that he needed / wanted a MARPAT camo cover so he purchased a comertially avalible copy. He probably lost his and didn't want his Platoon Sgt to chew him out??? In either case, it was USMC Used so I kept it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users