Garand en blocs, how to tell WW2 issue?

Thanks all for the information. I have a 1942 dated Garand belt that I need to fill with period correct ammo. I have noticed the belts are going up in price and getting harder to find, as is dated ammo. Attention to details always pays off when the time comes to sell, which it always does.

On that note, a pic of an unmolested WW2 ammo can. Getting very, very hard to find with the period correct markings. Most are found re- marked, " overstamped" with post war and Korean War era markings. Notice " Belted", not the later linked. As with Ordnance collecting, " can collecting" is getting popular with high end collectors who own full auto. post-180924-0-95113600-1545082249_thumb.jpeg

I know here and gunbroker are spots to keep an eye out for vintage ammo. Once in a while someone will come up with some boxes of the original stuff for sale.

• 4 weeks later...

On a related note, is there any way to tell if the cardboard inserts are either WW2 issue or postwar? Or is it impossible to tell the difference in era as long as they dont look like they were made yesterday?