Hello Everyone. New Aviation Enthusiast Here!

Blaze1

Hello everyone. This place seems like a great forum.

I'm an avid collector of military aviation manuals (Flight Manuals, Weapon Systems Manuals, Tactical Manuals, Maintenance Manuals etc) dating from the Vietnam era to present day. I discovered this forum after seeing the sale of a USN F-4 Phantom II Tactical Manual & Supplementary NATOPS Manual a couple of weeks ago (unfortunately I missed the sale), in which the seller stated in their profile that they were one of the co-founders of this place, so I just knew I had to visit. :D

I hope to have a lot of fun here, learn new things and share information about my passion.

Also thank you to the Admin that validated my membership.

Welcome to a great forum! That is cool that you collect just manuals! I have a B-17F and B-17G manual, and the small B-17G manual that went in the cockpit. They are super cool! But, I just got them from a friend whose relative served in WWII. Never actually gone after manuals! :)

I'm sure you'll get a lot of fun here and lots of info!

Elizabeth

Welcome Blaze! I see alot of those things at our local Turlock & Atwater Flea Market.(more than likely because of the old Castle Air Base in the vicinity). I'll keep my eyes open for you. -Jim Johnson

Welcome to a great forum! That is cool that you collect just manuals! I have a B-17F and B-17G manual, and the small B-17G manual that went in the cockpit. They are super cool! But, I just got them from a friend whose relative served in WWII. Never actually gone after manuals! :)

I'm sure you'll get a lot of fun here and lots of info!

Elizabeth

Thanks for the welcome Elizabeth.
I started collecting manuals initially purely for the information they contained because I was interested in the aircraft from an operational stand-point (what switches do what, how certain displays are used etc) and it started with modern fighter aircraft. Because of this, I wasn't so concerned whether the manuals were hard copies, scans or vector documents, in fact trading or buying was easier with electronic manuals.
Over the years I started gaining an interest in Vietnam era aircraft and noticed the manuals of that period had more 'life' to them. They were often created with lovely half-tone photos and artwork that required the time of a skilled technical artist (modern manuals are generally all line drawing, but the advent pdfs and tablets has meant 3d CAD design as well as 2d representations of those designs are becoming more prevalent within manuals), which as drawn me towards them.
Although I don't collect WWII manuals, I have seen some for the B-17 and they're quite gorgeous, very well presented, with great artwork and photos.
This site is quite light on aviation manuals enthusiasts, so I guess it's my duty to start preaching the good word, convert some and invite many others into the fold :D . The aim to have a dedicated thread.giphy.gif

Welcome Blaze! I see alot of those things at our local Turlock & Atwater Flea Market.(more than likely because of the old Castle Air Base in the vicinity). I'll keep my eyes open for you. -Jim Johnson

Thanks Jim, that's very kind of you.

The tactical manuals supplemental in particular (usually for navy aircraft) would be great, as well as the USAF weapons delivery and weapons delivery supplemental manuals.

Here's the one I missed from ebay:

CNWq4Xhl.jpg

Ei8N3LKl.jpg

My Vietnam and a little later aircraft of interest would be:

A-6 Intruder

F-4 Phantom II

F-14 Tomcat

A-4 Skyhawk

F-111 Aardvark

Thanks again.