Choc Chip desert windproof SF suit in country

bravo_2_zero

Interesting piece, is it Desert Shield or OIF?

I believe 2003 onwards. The construction of the suit looks spot on to look at from the outside but on the inside the hems are all frayed on not overlocked, buttons are used and dirty , cloth in places is printing defected , button holes are hand stitched. Its 100% local made quality rather than a US/UK store bought or tailor made 1st world tailors.

Large British/American cold weather dish style buttons on the jacket . You can also see orange wax lines use to place pocket locations. You can also see the hand sewing around the button holes.

post-2821-0-53565900-1544359047_thumb.jpg

My bet is that this was made for a Saudi Arabian officer. There would be no reason for US forces to be wearing six color chocolate chips since coffee stain was the desert camo of choice after 1992. The Saudis continue to wear chocolate chip camo, so I think that if the most logical explanation.

Allan

My bet is that this was made for a Saudi Arabian officer. There would be no reason for US forces to be wearing six color chocolate chips since coffee stain was the desert camo of choice after 1992. The Saudis continue to wear chocolate chip camo, so I think that if the most logical explanation.

Allan

You'll see some Special forces troops wearing it occasionally in OIF, and a small group of 10th Mountain Division soldiers wore helmet covers at the battle of Qali-i-Jangi 2001

Coffee stain, 26.5 years in and never heard them called that before.

I remember hearing it when they first came out but it was one of those slang terms that never really "stuck." We always referred to them just as "DCU's."

Cap Camouflage Pattern I

Allan

uncommon but it did happen, forgive the annoying text, I cannot find the photo without it.

post-153751-0-79645600-1544850070_thumb.jpg

riflegreen297

Yeah but were not talking about issued 6 color deserts. This is a custom made brit pattern 6 color. I had a guy on my ODA that wore a 6 color top while up north just so he could be different. Yeah it happened.

Cap Camouflage Pattern I

Yeah but were not talking about issued 6 color deserts. This is a custom made brit pattern 6 color. I had a guy on my ODA that wore a 6 color top while up north just so he could be different. Yeah it happened.

True in the pic they are not wearing british pattern smocks, but most if not all are not wearing issue 6 color, they are Iraqi from who knows where and have been modified.