• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 RememberThe5thESB

RememberThe5thESB
  • Members
    • Member ID: 176,140
  • 263 posts

Posted 05 December 2018 - 08:07 PM

On either Friday this week or Monday next week, I'm going to be bringing all the WWI items I have for a display at my school, as the non AP classes are moving into the time period and, it gives me an excuse to bring it in twice this year.

I was wondering if anyone had any opinions for a clean way to display the items I have, as I have very little and would like to try and link them together in a way that is clean, that makes sense, and isn't just all over the place.

I myself was planning on simply laying each item out on a card table or such with a brief description on a nearby sheet of paper for each item, but any opinions on a more interesting or nicer ways to display the small amount of items I have would be greatly appreciated!Posted Image

Sent from my SM-J327V using Tapatalk

#2 daskrieg

daskrieg
  • Members
    • Member ID: 162,206
  • 94 posts

Posted 05 December 2018 - 09:49 PM

Ive done many displays and the best way to show how,why, and where items belong is to wear them while in uniform. Plus it gave me a chance to have fun playing a soldier.

Edited by daskrieg, 05 December 2018 - 09:50 PM.

#3 RememberThe5thESB

RememberThe5thESB
  • Members
    • Member ID: 176,140
  • 263 posts

Posted 05 December 2018 - 09:54 PM

I wish I could do that, but I dont have a uniform sadly, and I wouldn't be able to be excused from all my classes to stand there all day.

Sent from my SM-J327V using Tapatalk

#4 daskrieg

daskrieg
  • Members
    • Member ID: 162,206
  • 94 posts

Posted 05 December 2018 - 11:33 PM

Or you could let a kid try it on with your assistance. One of my fondest moments is when i assisted a (with parental permission and presence) 6yr old shooting my MP40. Kid and dad loved it especially cause i was dressed in a WWII Kriegsmarine uniform.

#5 USARV72

USARV72
  • Members
    • Member ID: 6,975
  • 1,315 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 04:37 AM

Have any good books on WWI? Helps to have good pics, visual aids really help. How much are you going to display? Be careful letting everyone handling your collection, will wear items out, then theres someone dropping something. I always had collection in lockable glass case.
Good luck and post pics.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users