Remington Model 10R "US" Riot Gun

usoverlord

Recently found at local gun show. Ser# 16xxxx "US" marked on barrel. If I ever figure out how to resize pictures for this site, will post.

The markings don't belong there on a true trench gun. Do you have any other photos of the area where the barrel and receiver meet? A side view would be most helpful.

I didnt say trenchgun. Its a riot gun. The markings are precisely where they belong. This is not a cut down trenchgun. Will post pictures when I figure out how.

Salvage Sailor

In the USN (Vietnam Era, Cold War) we had Remington's in our armory, but they were short barrel Model M870 riot guns. They were used by the security teams who were armed with .45 Automatics, M870 shotguns, and M-14 rifles.

We would trade places in line depending upon the situation. It's not a good idea to let loose with a M-14 in steel passageways, so they usually were in the rear. The .45 was in front so they could peek around corners, then the shotgun for cover, then the M-14. If we moved into a larger space, the shotgun would be up front. When we would get topside and clear of the hatch, the M-14 would take the lead and the .45 would be in trail.

In the USN (Vietnam Era, Cold War) we had Remington's in our armory, but they were short barrel Model M870 riot guns. They were used by the security teams who were armed with .45 Automatics, M870 shotguns, and M-14 rifles.

We would trade places in line depending upon the situation. It's not a good idea to let loose with a M-14 in steel passageways, so they usually were in the rear. The .45 was in front so they could peek around corners, then the shotgun for cover, then the M-14. If we moved into a larger space, the shotgun would be up front. When we would get topside and clear of the hatch, the M-14 would take the lead and the .45 would be in trail.

Indeed!

I was on the SRT team on CVN-73 early 90's, we had Mossberg 500s at that time.