Ken Berry

patches

Berry was in the Army in the late Korean War period, at one point Leonard Nimoy was his Sergeant, he also apparently worked for the USO prior to his Army service.

I wouldn't have recognized his name but I definately remembered him from when I was a kid watching occasional reruns of Mama's Family. He was hilarious in the role of Vinton Harper. RIP

BILL THE PATCH

Was he also on Mama’s Family?

Yes he was, that show was hilarious. He was a song and dance man to. Rip.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

F Troop was definitely one of the favorites among all the great series (and theme songs) on TV for us kids in the 60's. Now only Larry Storch is left from F Troop's "stars", turning 96 the beginning of next month, and still sharp. According to the LA Times obit on Ken Berry, Storch posted that he was "devastated" at the passing of his friend. “We are at a true loss for words,” the post read. “Ken, we hope you know how much you were loved. Goodnight Captain. We miss you already.” According to the article, " 'F Troop' was the show that remained closest to Berry's heart. “I have never been that happy in my life,” Berry once said, according to the Hollywood Reporter.

RIP, Ken Berry.

post-18406-0-35456200-1544005452_thumb.jpg

F Troop was definitely one of the favorites among all the great series (and theme songs) on TV for us kids in the 60's. Now only Larry Storch is left from F Troop's "stars", turning 96 the beginning of next month, and still sharp. According to the LA Times obit on Ken Berry, Storch posted that he was "devastated" at the passing of his friend. “We are at a true loss for words,” the post read. “Ken, we hope you know how much you were loved. Goodnight Captain. We miss you already.” According to the article, " 'F Troop' was the show that remained closest to Berry's heart. “I have never been that happy in my life,” Berry once said, according to the Hollywood Reporter.

RIP, Ken Berry.

Just a little F Troop trivia, Melody Patterson (Wrangler Jane) who also passed away sadly back in 2015, was only 16 years old when she first appeared on F Troop. She got the role with the help of a forged birth certificate that showed her age was 18. Boy did I have a crush on her growing up..

Lost ROY CLARK recently too.

Wow didn't know about Roy Clark, a gifted musician for sure.

Here he is on a Odd Couple episode, check out the talent he had with this Spanish guitar.

220px-Roy_Clark_a_conversation_with_OETA

Just a little F Troop trivia, Melody Patterson (Wrangler Jane) who also passed away sadly back in 2015, was only 16 years old when she first appeared on F Troop. She got the role with the help of a forged birth certificate that showed her age was 18. Boy did I have a crush on her growing up..

We could have had a "million boy march" for all of us that "noticed" Melody, the "older woman" of 16. But in retrospect, she sure didn't look 16, even in the first B&W episodes. Sad to hear that Roy Clark has passed on-- another star from a very funny and entertaining show to watch from when TV was great.

Wow didn't know about Roy Clark, a gifted musician for sure.

Here he is on a Odd Couple episode, check out the talent he had with this Spanish guitar.

220px-Roy_Clark_a_conversation_with_OETA

He was one of the great musicians of our time, that's for sure.