US .30 M2 Ball, AP, API, Incendiary, Tracer

More, having to resize the borders to post...this is about half of my Garand food, the other half will not post " file to large", they really need to fix that. I only have an IPad to take pictures, I have tried everything to get this site to accept them.

post-180924-0-88255400-1543618081_thumb.jpeg

As for collectibility, for some reason the WW2 dated red tracer and blue tip incendiary was the hardest to find. I lucked into a lot of silver tipped API, the black tipped AP dated 42-54 was fairly easy a few years ago, and the ball the easiest. The Greek made HXP was CMP purchase a few years back, but they ran out of en block 8 round bandoleers a few years ago. I found WW1 dated stripper clipped from a collectors estate sale, they are the most interesting as the projectiles are not brass, but silver colored. Unable to load here all the cloth belts, links and period ammo cans- another popular collectible field in itself.

More, having to resize the borders to post...this is about half of my Garand food, the other half will not post " file to large", they really need to fix that. I only have an IPad to take pictures, I have tried everything to get this site to accept them.

I suggest checking if your iPad can download the "iResize" app, which you can use to easily downsize images for web presentation. I use it on my MacBook Air for that purpose.

BTW, nice M2 Ball ammo collection. My ANM2 could use some of that...You may have a couple of minutes worth...

David Albert

[email protected]

Great collection. I specialize in the WW2 boxed ammo and, like you, have found the tracer and incendiary to be difficult to locate.

Great collection. I specialize in the WW2 boxed ammo and, like you, have found the tracer and incendiary to be difficult to locate.

I have found boxed ammo most interesting but decided awhile back to stick with complete bandoleers as they go perfectly with my Garands, M1903s and M1917s. Complete original bandoleer sets, both clipped and in enblocs seem much harder to find than boxed ammo,and they especially go well on field uniforms draped over the shoulder ( field uniforms without them just don't seem right)...as for availability, I have seen none the past few years. You are talking me out of selling off the lot.post-180924-0-19653400-1543700926_thumb.jpeg

I, too, have looked for bandoleers to go with my Garand and Smith Corona, but my interest is in the early bandoleers with lot cards.

I wasn't necessarily trying to discourage you from selling part or all of your lot, in fact if you have boxed tracer or incendiary that you wish to sell, I would be interested. However, my point was that surplus USGI ammo from WW2 in any configuration is getting increasingly harder to find. I envy the sheer volume of ammo your photos show, and wish I'd started collecting sooner while it was still plentiful (and cheaper).

The U.S. made over 25 billion rounds of .30 caliber during WW2. Glad to see some of it is still around.