Graffiti Canteen

cerick1450

Hello

I picked this canteen set up, with a group of items. It is marked by the soldier with his name and the following

LaHarve

(Lucky Strike)

Deippe

Aachen

Bruhl

Bad Krueznach (Kreuznach)

Thought it was neat. Any idea as to what unit he was with?

Thanks

post-13198-0-29497500-1542842947.jpg

I just realized that the second reference is probably not the cigarette, but camp Lucky strike. It was a "Cigarette" camp that was located inland at Laharve located between Cany and Saint-Valery...

His name is written on the bottom.

Bad Kreuznach is a town in the Bad Kreuznach district in Rhineland-Palatinate, Germany. It is a spa town most well known for its medieval bridge dating from around 1300, the Alte Nahebrücke, which is one of the few remaining bridges in the world with buildings on it.

Le Havre is a major port in northern France's Normandy region, where the Seine River meets the English Channel.

Dieppe is a fishing port on the Normandy coast of northern France.

Aachen is a spa city near Germany’s borders with Belgium and the Netherlands.

Brühl is a town in the Rhineland, Germany. It is located in the district Rhein-Erft-Kreis, 20 km south of the Cologne city center and at the edge of the Kottenforst-Ville nature reserve.

Bad Kreuznach is a town in the Bad Kreuznach district in Rhineland-Palatinate, Germany. It is a spa town most well known for its medieval bridge dating from around 1300, the Alte Nahebrücke, which is one of the few remaining bridges in the world with buildings on it.

From what I have been able to read on line, it appears that portions of Patton's 3rd army may have been in these areas, and ended in Bad Kreuznach.. Very interesting canteen..

Thank you for the help..