WWII Paratrooper gloves??

cmjordan77

Hi,

I bought these gloves a few days ago. The folks I bought them from told me these are from the 1940's and they still have the string that ties them together as they were new way back when.

It has a size tag in the glove. The buckles are old.

I looked in the Henri WW2 European items book and the gloves look spot on to the pair listed in the paratroopers section.

These are definately old.

Are these paratrooper gloves of WWII??

Thanks for any help!

post-2002-1228877506.jpg

post-2002-1228877521.jpg

post-2002-1228877535.jpg

CMJ,

The gloves you posted ARE ORIGINAL and are the earlier type of riding gloves with buckle as seen in many AB pics..These can be found on page 17 in the Aug 1943 Army Quartermaster supply catalog.

The official name is: Gloves, Horsehide, Riding, Unlined, stock # 73-G-22010-73-G-22050

An interesting collector note.... about 10-12 years ago a large find of these gloves turned up in the midwest via an older surplus store and were being sold at the Tulsa show. The find included both buckle and non buckle types still tied in bundles of 10... Yahoo ! !

Kration

Wow,

Thank you!!!

I really wasnt sure when I bought them. I thought they maybe, but I wasnt 100% positive. Thank you!

Now, if someone would just trade me these for a WWII Large sweater I need :) I need one to give my father for Christmas.

Thank you for the reply!

I have an old quartermaster catalog at home. I finally dug it up last night. I looked at the gloves and I noted on the ones that are exactly like mine, but are lined, have a size tag exactly like mine pictured in the photo. The unlined are not pictured the same, but me thinks that I these are the paratroop gloves.

Does anyone out there have original gloves that you can send or upload pictures of?

I sure would love to see!

Thank you

I spoke to another member and he told me that these gloves are worth way much more than the sweater.

I may end up keeping them.

Another member is giving me a medium Korean war era sweater. I just hope it fits my dad.

I dont know if it will.

1 or 2 other folks have said something about having a large, but nothing definitive.

Let me know if someone else has one out there, who knows. With my dad being sick, I dont care about anything but his happiness (yes, I know, I am a good son, ha!)