Opinions Wanted - Insignia on a Vietnam 101st Airborne Eagles Dust Off aviators blouse

USAF29thINFvet

USAF29thINFvet

I have this over in the uniform page as well but thought that it would be better suited here as its the insignia that I really need opinions on. Admins I apologize for the double post.

Any and all opinions needed / wanted on the insignia.

Thanks

post-777-0-72675800-1542062903_thumb.jpg

Just looking at the wear fading on the insignia vs. the jacket they're sewn to, not sure they started life together, not that we all didn't take insignia from one uniform and put on another at one or time or other.

vintageproductions

I don't have have a problem with any of it.

The pocket patch is US embroidered and these tend to not fade much. All other insignia is Vietnamese made and the dyes used on the threads fade really fast.

The insignia is 1000% original. Several dust off units used US insignia as did other units. VN manufactured insignia for this particular unit is hard to find. As Bob said, the jacket is good. Andrew Lipp I agree is a very honest and reputable dealer. That is a very nice period original piece. Jeff

I don't have have a problem with any of it.

The pocket patch is US embroidered and these tend to not fade much. All other insignia is Vietnamese made and the dyes used on the threads fade really fast.

My opinion exactly. You can see the sewing threads on the US patch have faded as well. I have no problem with this shirt even as a non-vietnam collector.

-Ski

THe grey/white thread is something I have seen/encounter on many jackets from the 101st.

Im with Bob I dont see any issue here with it.A mix of US/Viet or Japanese made insignia isnt out of the norm on VN uniforms.Many used what what was available and a marriage of items isn't uncommon

Are the cuffs velcro?

Cuffs are velcro, its the Nomex shirt for a 2 piece Nomex flight suit.

Also with that lighter colored thread on the 101st patch, I agree seeing that as well. My fathers jungle shirt from his tour in 69-70 has a similar light colored thread used for the 101st SSI.