Signal Corps photo on ebay... really authentic?

General Colt

Hello.

I recently discovered this photo on ebay earlier today. I am mainly interested in the caption on the back of the photo more than I am of the actual photo on the front. I am an avid collector of 165th SPC stuff, so this definitely brings interest to me. I recognize that this photo is a copy, but I wonder if it is actually an original 1944 copy as the stamp says on the back. I am only suspicious because it seems easy to copy both a stamp and picture and make it look good from a digital photo. Could somebody help me out on this? Thank you.

Link: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Original-signal-corps-photo-SGT-with-Xmas-packs-Nov-16th-1944-Stolberg-Germany/292805854851?hash=item442c96c683:g:abkAAOSwHTlbzyPK:rk:9:pf:0

post-163492-0-56527700-1542000722.jpg

post-163492-0-46095100-1542000738.jpg

No idea why the last photo is so small.

post-163492-0-21182900-1542000754.jpg

Hello.

I recently discovered this photo on ebay earlier today. I am mainly interested in the caption on the back of the photo more than I am of the actual photo on the front. I am an avid collector of 165th SPC stuff, so this definitely brings interest to me. I recognize that this photo is a copy, but I wonder if it is actually an original 1944 copy as the stamp says on the back. I am only suspicious because it seems easy to copy both a stamp and picture and make it look good from a digital photo. Could somebody help me out on this? Thank you.

Link: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Original-signal-corps-photo-SGT-with-Xmas-packs-Nov-16th-1944-Stolberg-Germany/292805854851?hash=item442c96c683:g:abkAAOSwHTlbzyPK:rk:9:pf:0

attachicon.gif165th photo.jpg

attachicon.gif165th photo 2.jpg

No idea why the last photo is so small.

It looks like a press release photo.

Thank you for the speedy response! Do you think it would still be worth the amount of money they are asking? (If nobody else bids)

THe photo is undoubtedly an original, aand if it is something that you want, then you have to decide if you want to spend the money on it. I don't think the price asked is out of line,

Allan

bunkerhillburning

Looks right to me as well.

I have quite a few Signal Corps photos in my collection. I understand your hesitation as there are so many reproductions on eBay. Wouldn't mind it so much if the sellers would flat out state as such.

$15.00 seems like a fair retail price.

• 3 weeks later...

Photograph finally arrived earlier this week. The seller wrote four times on the packaging "DO NOT BEND". Well, my mailman did the exact opposite and shoved it in the mail slot bent in half. Thankfully it didn't crease it so I stuck it under some heavy reference books for a few days. Looks perfect now.

Photograph finally arrived earlier this week. The seller wrote four times on the packaging "DO NOT BEND". Well, my mailman did the exact opposite and shoved it in the mail slot bent in half. Thankfully it didn't crease it so I stuck it under some heavy reference books for a few days. Looks perfect now.

Nice!