Named USAF Commendation medal find at flea market

Tonomachi

I found this USAF Commendation medal at the flea market this morning. The seller told me that it came out of Stockton, California, which is what I needed to identify him. I found his obituary:

Richard Arnold Garrison passed away May 5 at Sutter-Amador Hospital in Jackson. He was 73.

He was born in Chanango Forks, N.Y., he grew up there and joined the U.S. Air Force in 1956. He served in the Air Force for 20 years and was a Vietnam War veteran.

He moved to Marysville in 1974, then to Lodi before settling in West Point in 1995.

Richard was a retired engineer and a member of the Veterans of Foreign Wars, American Legion and the Benefit Club in West Point.

Mr. Garrison is survived by his children, Ritchey Garrison, of West Point, Tammy McCabe, of San Diego, James Garrison, of Modesto, and Timothy Garrison, of Perkinston, Miss.; 10 grandchildren; and six great-grandchildren.

post-1389-0-15683100-1541797518_thumb.jpg

Nice find, I never find engraved ones. I did get an USAF grouping that luckily had his leather flightsuit name tag with it because all his medals were un-named.