Looking to sell my set of Army HBT frogskins. Advice requested

bheskett

I have a set of WWII reversible HBT frogskins I am looking to sell and am hoping to get some advice. Should I sell as a set or split them up and sell separately, and would I have better luck selling on E-bay or on one of the forums?

Thanks Bob

Bob,

Lots of great questions. I would go with forums for a week or so, take some nice pictures. That way you set the price and don't have to give ebay a cut of profits. With regards to keeping them together or not. If a named Set keep together, if they are not but match colors/wear Split them up but have both in the photo so if somebody wanted the set, they could buy the set by going with both. This allows more buyers who are looking to complete a set vs buy a set, and or a buyer wanting both. So ultimately I would find some historical sales and or what are they going for now... Find a price that you know you need/want that is going to be a winner and go for it. I would personally rather sell to the boards first and know who has the items + in good hands. That's what I have been doing recently, then moving over to ebay.

Hope that helps you in your decision.

VR

Pegasus6

Bob,

I think Pegasus gave you some good advice in that it would make the most sense to offer them here at a set price before taking them to eBay. Obviously, if they are named, keep them together. I personally think that you are better off trying to sell them as a set first before breaking them up unless the colors don't match or there are other major differences like size, in which case breaking the set would be the better strategy.

Allan

stealthytyler

I would research sold prices on ebay/worthpoint, calculate the average then post on here for sale. It make take much longer to sell on this forum than on ebay but at least you dont get hit with ebay fees. If you run out of patience, list it on ebay as an auction... you may get more for it on ebay but dont forget to factor in the fees.