135th tank battalion

Ilin1979

Here is the thing about collecting/ buying Distinctive Unit Insignia- there are a ton of them and they can range from the early 1920's, to pieces made yesterday. When you add unapproved designs, pieces made for collectors, and out and out fakes, there are lots of pieces that are going to cost you money with some of those pieces not being worth the price that you'll end up paying. So, as a DUI collector, you have to ask yourself, "Am I willing to pay this price?" If the answer is yes, then buy it. If not, pass. Do not buy DUIs speculating that if you haven't seen one before that it must be rare. Also, don't assume just because it is foreign made that it is valuable. There are a lot of DUIs that are much easier to find as a foreign made piece than as a US made piece. Also, just because it is old, doesn't make it valuable either. You can collect variations of the Army Air Forces Training Command from World War II. I know a guy that has at least thirty variations of the DUI. I would be surprised if any of them are worth more than a couple of dollars. They are easily the most common DUI of WWII.

So, getting to your question- If it is worth $11 to you, then good for you. Nobody else's opinion should matter. I will tell you that in general, clutch back DUIs will normally sit on a dealer's table at even a couple of bucks apiece.

Allan

The 135th Tank Battalion, a part of the 35th Inf Div, worn from 1952 to 1959, when the unit is inactivated as it were, and redesignated as a battalion of the 203rd Armor under CARS, 1st Battalion 203rd Armor, a second unit of the 203rd was formed at that time, the 2nd Squadron 203rd Armor, this being the PENTOMIC era, the 1st "Battalion" was Tanks, while the 2nd " Battalion" was Cavalry Reconnaissance. don't know if the design of the 135th Tk Bn's DI carried over in 1959 to the activated 203rd Armor under CARS, can't seem t find an image of the 203rd's DI.

203rd armor shares di with 203rd CA and 203rd engr which is a hound dog, and is similar to the dog illustrated on 135th tank bn di.

135th Tk Bn DI design approved 1 Oct 52. It is descended from the 203rd Coast Arty, MO NG and the border reflects that, as does the 'Houn Dawg". Other symbols refer to other service in the hx of the unit.

No known DI for 203rd Cav.