USMC 1922-25 GC Medal. Floyd F. Peterson No.82341

Chris

I just acquired a fabulous lot from a family member. I will post pics later. But the Good Conduct medal is marked as follows: No. 82341 Floyd F. Peterson 1st Enlistment 1922-1925". Just wondering if anyone was able to provide additional info about this man based on that info. His tunic is wonderful and features the rare Pfc patches, as well as USN Gun Captain, "E" patch, and marksmanship patches. I was able to get the trousers, a couple early cap G&As (lat/long) style, and his early G&A marksmanship badge. I would be grateful for any info I can get. Thanks!

What state did you get the items from or do you know what state Mr. PEterson was from?

I found him on some muster rolls, but might find more stuff, too, if I knew a state. :)

Here is the muster roll entry telling you that he got that numbered medal:

post-151812-0-57045200-1541360160_thumb.jpg

I'll give you some of the places he was at on other muster rolls. He reenlisted after 1925, too.

Thanks So much! The family member is in Oregon. But his 1930s-WWII era VFW uniform is also here and it is a Minnesota chapter. So I am guessing Minnesota?

Floyd Francis Peterson

Born: 22 Aug 1902 - Martin Co., Minnesota

Died: 4 Sept 1982

When he filled out his WWII draft registration, he was living in Mclaughlin Heights, Vancouver WA. Was employed at the Newfoundland Base Contractors, weighed 164 lbs, dark complexion, hazel eyes, brown hair, 5'10".

MUSTER ROLLS:

ENLISTED: 22 Sept 1922

Jan 1923 - Pvt, MarDet, USS Mississippi

Mar 1923 - Pvt, 59th Co, 1st Bn, 7th Rgt, MB, San Diego

Oct 1923 - Pvt, MarDet, USS MARYLAND

Apr 1924 - PFC, MarDet, USS MARYLAND

Sept 1924 - PFC, Marine Det., USS MARYLAND (poor scan of MR, but something about him at a rifle range and qualifying as 33 something)

Oct 1924 - PFC, Marine Det, USS IDAHO

May 1925 - PFC, Hdqrs Co., 4th regt, San Diego

July 1925 - PFC, Howitzer Co., 4th Regt, San Diego

Jun 1926 - PFC, Attached to Co C, 9th Regt, MarCorps Reserve

Dec 1926 - PFC, Co. C, 3rd Regt, San Francisco

Jun 1927 - Attached to B Co, 9th Regt, Central Reserve Area, Chicago

21 Sep 1929 - Discharged, character excellent, PFC, attached to Co C, 9th Regt, Central Reserve Area

I thank you SO much! I just don't have the reference material for these early USMC items. An almost identical tunic showed up on the Forum here, back in...2008-2014ish? It surfaced in Fort Worth as I recall. I had never seen one of these in person. I may have said "Oregon" in my earlier post for the family member. That was a brain fart. I am in Portland, but this was just across the river in Washington. I am delighted that so much of this group temained together. And, aside from a couple tiny nips, no mothing. I have to shoot pics with my phone, email the to myself, then scale them for posting. But I will try to get them on today. I can't tell you how much I appreciate your help!

Chris

Kurt Barickman

Is the VFW uniform say anything about Fairmont Mn because that is the county seat of Martin County which is where I grew up.

Kurt

Kurt Barickman

Born in Dunnell Minnesota which is a a small town in Martin County but seems to be living in Fairmont in 1930 and married Hazel Ophelia Warburg in Willmar Minnesota in June 1941.

Kurt Barickman

My home town, will see what else I can find for you in the local newspapers but might be a few weeks; Martin County Historical Society has NOT digitized their newspapers last time I checked.

Nice,

Kurt

Thanks a bunch Kurt. But dont bother with the paper. I truly appreciate the offer. But I got great help above and have his service history info. I will be letting this group go because, as much as I love it, its outside my area of interest. Thanks so much for the offer Kurt!