Anybody have a idea what this is? Air Assault School Cadre

SergeantMajorGray

SergeantMajorGray

I bought this on ebay seemed interesting. It's made by a company I've never heard of for civilian bdu's Prestige apparel mfg inc. post-104619-0-38264000-1541297768_thumb.jpg

SergeantMajorGray

Cadre at Air Assault School?

When I was buying it I had that idea. I thought instructors wore black bdus but I haven't seen any in photos.

I would agree that this is a cadre worn jacket. It appears to me that the Air Assault badge is a pin on, which would make me believe that someone likely just pinned the badge to the jacket. I would assume that this was worn at FT Campbell, as their school was run by the 101st.

I know that at the air assault school at Camp Gruber, OK, the cadre wore GOLD Air Assault wings. That sounds great until you realize that the gold wings were simply subdued badges with the blackening removed and then the brass base metal was polished to a high shine. They looked impressive anyway.

Allan

• 2 years later...
SSG Liam Cole

As a former instructor at Ft. Campbell’s Air Assault School (TAAS), from 89-90, no instructor there ever wore a uniform like that. This is the windbreaker we wore: 

SSG Liam Cole

I wish I knew why this got posted upside down. Infuriated that I couldn’t fix it, but you get the idea. The black BDU top was definitely made in the 80s, since there are no pocket pleats. Could have been that a former instructor got out, lost his jacket, took a black BDU shirt and came up with his own design. The “double eagles” would indicate that SGT DePauw was a Vietnam vet, since the windbreakers were worn during Desert Shield/Storm. Only SGT DePauw can answer this one.

SSG Liam Cole

I wish I knew why this got posted upside down. Infuriated that I couldn’t fix it, but you get the idea. The black BDU top was definitely made in the 80s, since there are no pocket pleats. Could have been that a former instructor got out, lost his jacket, took a black BDU shirt and came up with his own design. The “double eagles” would indicate that SGT DePauw was a Vietnam vet, since the windbreakers were worn at TAAS during Desert Shield/Storm. Only SGT DePauw can answer that one.

The black air assault school t-shirts we wore were issued to us by the school. It had the TAAS logo on front and back, with the black on white name tape sewn in the front above the word “INSTRUCTOR.” The windbreaker had to be purchased out of our own pocket at Smith’s Taylor Shop located on Hwy. 41A in Clarksville, TN.

General Apathy
3 hours ago, SSG Liam Cole said:

I wish I knew why this got posted upside down. Infuriated that I couldn’t fix it, but you get the idea. The black BDU top was definitely made in the 80s, since there are no pocket pleats. Could have been that a former instructor got out, lost his jacket, took a black BDU shirt and came up with his own design. The “double eagles” would indicate that SGT DePauw was a Vietnam vet, since the windbreakers were worn during Desert Shield/Storm. Only SGT DePauw can answer this one.

Hi Liam,

Suffered the same problems some time ago with images, then I found that if I used the ' edit image ' function and rotated the image and minimally cropped one edge and then ' saved ' it would appear correctly when posted. So I saved your image and did this and reposted for you. I think it's all to do with how you shot the image with your phone camera.

.fullsizeoutput_dcf5.jpeg.4ec57417e1876ef9f431f094b6864a29.jpeg

regards lewis.

SSG Liam Cole

I wish I knew why this got posted upside down. Infuriated that I couldn’t fix it, but you get the idea. The black BDU top was definitely made in the 80s, since there are no pocket pleats. Could have been that a former instructor got out, lost his jacket, took a black BDU shirt and came up with his own design. The “double eagles” would indicate that SGT DePauw was a Vietnam vet, since the windbreakers were worn at TAAS during Desert Shield/Storm. Only SGT DePauw can answer that one.

The black air assault school t-shirts we wore were issued to us by the school. It had the TAAS logo on front and back, with the black on white name tape sewn in the front above the word “INSTRUCTOR.” The windbreaker had to be purchased out of our own pocket at Smith’s Taylor Shop located on Hwy. 41A in Clarksville, TN.

General Apathy
27 minutes ago, SSG Liam Cole said:

Thanks for the tip and the help, GEN A!

Hi Liam,

Thanks no problem pleased to help, and thank you for your service from an Anglo-American.

regards lewis

SSG Liam Cole

Just wish I’d been here sooner to answer SGM Gray’s question. I don’t like being a day late and a dollar short.