Fairbairn Sykes Sheath Question

reapp

Hello Board,

I recently obtained this F/S knife from a deceased uncle, and I wanted to see if the experts could shed some light on the sheath. I've searched the www and ebay over the past few weeks, and haven't been able to find any similar sheaths. (I know...that could be good, or it could be bad!) Anyway, it is a brown leather F/S sheath with a navy anchor and flight wings embossed in gold on the front, as well as the name "Wild Bill". I don't believe the knife is anything special, but I just wanted some opinions.

post-12458-0-44182500-1541194329_thumb.jpg

Appears to be a custom scabbard. Using the lower part of the issue scabbard mounted to a separate piece of leather.The name tag is a type for a jacket or flight suit.Im guessing this modification was done by a rigger.It was commonplace to have equipment modified on ship etc.

The scabbard appears to be made from a M1917 Jewell scabbard; looks green and the metal bottom looks familiar. Also possible a cut-down scabbard from a M1917 bayonet.

On second thought the leather piece with the metal bottom could be the original FS scabbard, and the hanger is a handmade frog to hold the scabbard.