Interesting photo of G.I.'s in Paris I believe.

strawberry 9

I thought this was a great photo of a hodge-podge of G.I.'s in what I believe is Paris. Maybe one of our members from France or someone can help me identify the location of this photo by the monuments in the background. I thought this was an interesting photo overall, but a closer look reveals some neat little details. First...the photo which is 4" x 6".

post-100432-0-91000100-1541044855.jpg

I'm wondering if this isn't members of divisions such as the 100th, 45th and 17th ARB which took part in Operation Dragoon. Can anyone identify the memorial/monument in the background?

Its strange because some are wearing Class A's while others just have on shirts with ties and then some are in field uniforms. Then there is the civilian to the left of the photo...a mayor or city official maybe?

Couple guys have the “1000 yd stare”. Several good personal accounts of WWII mention front line GIs getting trip to Paris, London or Rome. Guess a WWII version of R&R. After the War my Dad and 2 other officers drove a jeep from Italy to Switzerland, met one of his brothers and a cousin. Interesting pics.