Great Lakes "KEEL" Company Recuit Books?

P-40Warhawk

Hi,

I don't suppose anyone here collects these? There are usually a bunch around for sale, but I have a 'quest' to buy one in particular. I am trying to find one for someone (who lacks the book, but remembers the time they were there). I think the book would be a 1971 issue, but I don't have the company number. In lieu of that though, I do know that it should be a book for a company that reported in January 1971. I think they started the company numbers over at the beginning of each calendar year, so a January 1971 company should have been under 50 I would guess.

I would really, really love to at least locate and confirm the company number so I can keep my eyes open for a book to give him.

Any ideas of where to start?

P-40 my advise is constantly check both Ebay, Amazon, as well, Etsy and Alibris for issues of The Keel.

As you see from Ebay alone lots of yearbooks are up, I know it will be in most cases like a needle in the old haystack, but you may get lucky.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2380057.m570.l1313.TR1.TRC0.A0.H0.Xgreat+lakes+the+keel.TRS0&_nkw=great+lakes+the+keel&_sacat=0

Hey, those are some great ideas! Had not even thought of searching the book places for them.

And thanks for the cover view, I wasn't sure which design they had at the time. That helps!