WW1 USMC female in dress blues RPPC

beerdragon54

Women Marines started in WWI. This is not a photo of one however. They wore skirts. I would say she is definitely wearing a brothers or sweethearts uniform. Neat image.

Easy way to tell a woman's top...buttons are always on the opposite side of a man's.

Most likely wearing her sweetheart's uniform. I've always been fond of these types of photos, they were very popular in Germany during WWI and WWII, but much harder to find US versions. The couple I have, the only uniform items the girls are wearing are the covers. Which still holds true today, girls love to wear our hats for some reason

Cap remained in use until the mid-1920s, so could very well be anytime up until the 1920 pattern emblems started seeing use

Cap remained in use until the mid-1920s, so could very well be anytime up until the 1920 pattern emblems started seeing use

Looks to me like the earlier pattern cap with the EGA so close to the strap.

Steve

Still, those rounded type buttons were gone before WWI, right? I honestly could be wrong about that, but I've never seen a WWI attributed blouse with them.

Steve

Well it's a Corporal with a GCM before 1920, so he would have likely continued to wear his pre-war uniform until the transition. Very common in those days. Can of course be a pre-war image, but I don't think we can rule out the war years either