Chrome colt m7 bayonet

66 cobra

Charlie Flick

Hello Scott:

Welcome to the Forum. I will post a link to the Numrich/Gun Parts offering you are asking about. (It always helps to post a link or pics so members don't have to search for the info needed to help you out.) Here is the Numrich pic.

M7 Colt Plated Bayonet at Numrich Arms.jpg

Plated blades like this one are usually considered to be surplus from military ceremonial or drill teams, or from civilian users like VFW and American Legion Posts. The white web hanger on the M8A1 scabbard is interesting. Numrich has been around a long time and historically has bought a lot of USGI parts and accessories. I suspect that these plated blades are genuine USGI, but without a statement from Numrich on their origin it would be difficult to prove. The price is not crazy for a legit example.

Here is the link:

https://www.gunpartscorp.com/products/1432960A

Hope that helps you.

Regards,

Charlie

Just checked out Numrich Arms site. They have about 22 x Colt marked M7 bayonets (look up M7 bayonets on their search block). Prices are pretty good. SKIP

For what it's worth, when I was stationed with the 1st Battalion 16th Infantry in Germany in the mid-70's, our Battalion command sergeant major had one of these chromed bayonets affixed to an award plaque on his wall.

Kim