Rare ISIL ISIS Flag Logo Road Sign Liberated from Raqqah in Syria

warpath

A rare ISIL ISIS road sign liberated from Raqqah in Syria. Islamic militants would paint over the street signs with their logo so you knew you were entering their space. This large 40 x 58 inch metal sign was captured by YPG fighters in 2017 just before Raqqah fell and retained as a war trophy by a US Special Operations soldier. The sign retains some of its reflective tape and the original finish shows through in worn spots. The full story on this war trophy and others I have will have to wait due to the highly sensitive nature of the missions conducted there.

If you're near Fayetteville, North Carolina anytime soon, call and stop by my store to see this and other GWOT war trophies I can't share on a public forum.

Thanks for looking.

Ed

post-3653-0-85367600-1540298143_thumb.jpg

A rare ISIL ISIS road sign liberated from Raqqah in Syria. Islamic militants would paint over the street signs with their logo so you knew you were entering their space. This large 40 x 58 inch metal sign was captured by YPG fighters in 2017 just before Raqqah fell and retained as a war trophy by a US Special Operations soldier. The sign retains some of its reflective tape and the original finish shows through in worn spots. The full story on this war trophy and others I have will have to wait due to the highly sensitive nature of the missions conducted there.

If you're near Fayetteville, North Carolina anytime soon, call and stop by my store to see this and other GWOT war trophies I can't share on a public forum.

Thanks for looking.

Ed

post-3653-0-60636200-1540298548_thumb.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Ed

post-3653-0-10879700-1540298608_thumb.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Ed

post-3653-0-40271300-1540298690_thumb.jpg

A rare ISIL ISIS road sign liberated from Raqqah in Syria. Islamic militants would paint over the street signs with their logo so you knew you were entering their space. This large 40 x 58 inch metal sign was captured by YPG fighters in 2017 just before Raqqah fell and retained as a war trophy by a US Special Operations soldier. The sign retains some of its reflective tape and the original finish shows through in worn spots. The full story on this war trophy and others I have will have to wait due to the highly sensitive nature of the missions conducted there.

Thanks for looking.

Ed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk