126th Anti Aircraft Artillery Bullion Patch

BigDogMilitaria

BigDogMilitaria

I picked this up in a Grouping today. That patch is from the 126th Anti Aircraft Artillery . They defended England and Antwerp from the V1 rocket. I have not been able to find another one online. Needless to say , I’m thrilled with this one

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have seen a couple of these, in bullion, incl one worn as a cuff patch.

The 126th. like many AAA units guarding against the V-1s, were part of the overarching sucess against the V-1s. When you consider the sheer numbers of V-1s launches, vs. the numbers shot down, the shoot down rate was staggering.

Terrific grouping.

I picked this up in a Grouping today. That patch is from the 126th Anti Aircraft Artillery . They defended England and Antwerp from the V1 rocket. I have not been able to find another one online. Needless to say , I’m thrilled with this one

ac8febc2296b66dc798f0acbd422fd34.png88d734cd38b97b59f2db43fb4fa92d9d.pnge9e0f24a9f5e39b4d4740f72d6d62018.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is BEAUTIFUL.

The unit flew P51 Mustangs which had to go into a steep nose dive to attain the velocity to catch up to the diving V1 bombs to destroy them which was very dangerous and required tremendous skill. Only the second one I have seen.