M3 Real?

cagedfalcon

Looking at this M3 helmet but it is a 5 hour round trip. These are the best pics I can get for now.

Real or reproduction?Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Original.

Is the other chin strap with buckle complete? Often they are missing

Also looks like the M5...I recall M3 had larger ear covers rounded on the bottom and the webb chin strap.

They are not rare.I would look into having it shipped verses the drive unless other items are available for sale.

Ron is correct, it’s an M-5 and it looks good. I’m not aware of anyone faking these (yet) it would be too much work and not easily done I’m sure.

Rick

Merely as an observer, a 5 hour drive seems to be a stretch for this helmet. It needs to be on the loooowwww end of pricing at this point. IMO

Merely as an observer, a 5 hour drive seems to be a stretch for this helmet. It needs to be on the loooowwww end of pricing at this point. IMO

With gas prices I could not agree more.

Marty

These go for roughly $300 tops in great condition. For that type of drive Id have to get it for $50. These really arent that hard to find and you can pick them up for fair prices at different shows

Absolutely authentic late war M-5 helmet. With a bit of luck you can find pictures of these worn in bombers headed for Japan. There's not a good deal of evidence that they were ever used in the ETO.

You can recognize an M-3 anti-flak helmet by the more rounded ear flaps and canvas chin straps. M5 helmets tend to have leather chin straps.