40th Armored Division Chaplains helmet

644td

This helmet is a California National Guard 40th Armored Division Chaplains helmet. I believe the components are correct for a mid to late 1950s M1 helmet. The helmet is missing one swivel loop and I may replace it. The helmet is a early 45 helmet(1012j) with repaint on the edges. I did not have a National Guard helmet and I feel that the Guard has served this country with honor and distinction and sould never be over looked for their service.

After its return from the Korean War, the 40th Infantry Division was reorganized on 1 July 1954 as the 40th Armored Division. On 1 December 1967, a major reorganization of the National Guard reduced the Guard to eight combat divisions, with the 40th Armored Division as one of the units designated for inactivation. On 29 January 1968, the Division was eliminated and the 40th Infantry Brigade and 40th Armored Brigade were organized.

Marty

post-158590-0-70478100-1539656371_thumb.jpeg

post-158590-0-33294400-1539656387_thumb.jpeg

post-158590-0-49917800-1539656414_thumb.jpeg

post-158590-0-86072700-1539656426_thumb.jpeg

Marty thats one sweet Lid !

I really love the look of this one

Congrats brother

- Dean

Thanks Dean,

I know if you have seen one Chaplain helmet you have seen them all but with the current subject matter on another thread I thought I would change the scenery matter.

Marty

Thanks Dean,

I know if you have seen one Chaplain helmet you have seen them all but with the current subject matter on another thread I thought I would change the scenery matter.

Marty

Great post and no 2 helmets will ever be the same, each one with its own personality and character. You should start a chaplain thread on helmets, I love seeing them

- Dean

Ronnie, thanks for the postive words. I took a chance on the helmet, I was not sure if was an original set up or a recent put together one but it is all original and I really like the paint touch up. If anyone has a spare swivel loop lying around and wants to sell it let me know, I think I will repair it.

Marty