Odd black and white patches, maybe Korean made

Siamundo

Anyone recognize patches made like this? I have a handful of these in several different unit designs that were part of a bigger mixed lot of patches. They strike me as possibly being Korean made, but have no idea when or why.

post-2744-0-90254000-1539556998_thumb.jpg

That's a new one. I don't think I've ever seen a snow camouflage that would have been badged. White mess hall uniforms come to mine as well, but again, I've never seen them with insignia. Tropical Dress Whites, like Dress Blues did not have shoulder patches.

Like many of the other "odd variation" patches that have come up, they may have been test runs for a manufacturer. But that is just speculation.

I have a couple. 11th ACR and 7th Inf Div. I figured that the next step was to soak them in green dye or such and have your subdued ones. No green cloth handy and only small batches of dye. Just a guess with maybe a hole or two in it!

I have a couple. 11th ACR and 7th Inf Div. I figured that the next step was to soak them in green dye or such and have your subdued ones. No green cloth handy and only small batches of dye. Just a guess with maybe a hole or two in it!

Now that is an interesting theory and entirely plausible. Normally I would assume that they would be made on an OD shade cloth to begin with, but who can second guess the manufacturing techniques of some of these smaller shops.

• 2 weeks later...

I have several of these from someone who was stationed in Korea and picked up several others over the last several years that have been ID'd as Korean made

Thank you ryanduggar for confirming this. Did the person you got yours from know why they were made make this? That is in interesting theory that maybe they were designed to be dyed later. Here are a few more that were part of the group

post-2744-0-52505600-1540553930_thumb.jpg

I don't know exactly when these were made, but it's interesting that with the exception of the 41st and 7th Division all of the others seem to be for units that were stationed in Vietnam.

The ones I have were made like that most likely as novelty patches. I would assume since its such a bright white that it was not meant to be subdued but that is purely my thoughts and have not been confirmed. Some soldiers that have been stationed in Korea may be able to chime in.