Which is right? Or isn't here any wrong side?

usmce4

Why does this always happen to me? I've got 2 Camillus USMCs and I was comparing them and I noticed one has "Camillus NY" on the left side of the blade and the other one has it on the right.

I immediately checked Cole III and Bill's new book but neither one mentions that. Is there a right and wrong way or is it just wartime "catch as catch can".

(Please.... nobody say there's a right way, a wrong way, and the Marine Corps way) - I've heard that one before.

Thanks, Art

post-168413-0-92896400-1539382759_thumb.jpg

post-168413-0-00480500-1539382762_thumb.jpg

" (Please.... nobody say there's a right way, a wrong way, and the Marine Corps way) "

Among my contacts in the NW pacific fishing community, the variation is " the right way, the wrong way, and the Norway" sorry couldn't resist...

The first one is the way it is supposed to look. You got lucky and got one with the guard put on backwards on the second one! Pretty neat! Want to sell it?

You can tell on the second picture it is put on backwards because most of the "U" is covered up. I love MARK 2's with a production mistake!

" (Please.... nobody say there's a right way, a wrong way, and the Marine Corps way) "

Among my contacts in the NW pacific fishing community, the variation is " the right way, the wrong way, and the Norway" sorry couldn't resist...

Funny! Never heard that one.

It's just a production error. Some assembly line worker got distracted, or it was a Monday morning, or Friday afternoon knife. Who knows? But, it's different. Enjoy it! SKIP

It could be worse and upside down. :rolleyes:

I think "worse" is better when it comes to factory mistakes. So if right is wrong and worse is better...... Wait a minute, is that the Twilight Zone theme I hear in the background?

With all due respect to Skip's logic...... I've been watching Mikedon's posts since I joined USMF and he seems to have multiples of literally everything, if he says it's good, I'd bet the farm on "good".

Art

Frank Trzaska

I would say the first photo is correct and the second photo is wrong. The blade is covering the "U" in USMC in the second photo which would not be acceptable to the Corps.

All the best

Frank Trzaska