This forum helps me..

11ACR-Scout

Hi everyone. Im not a collector, but found this forum while looking up a 3-shot grenade launcher I used in Vietnam (and Cambodia) in 1970. Truly amazing that you had photos & info on something so rare. It is helping me with what psychologists now call Late Adulthood Trauma Reengagement (LATR). I thought I had put all of that stuff behind me, but it turns out you cant. Ever. But by turning back into it and trying to add context/meaning, it is possible to avoid a PTSD diagnosis. You do need a good support group though, which I have (and hope to get here as well).

Ill post a detailed response re: that grenade-launcher in the appropriate section, as soon as I get permission Thanks.

Brad A. (Andy)

11th Armored Cavalry Regiment, HHT Scouts, 1969-70

Welcome to the Forum and thank you for sharing your personal life with us. Many on here are veterans of the various conflicts and I personally want to thank you for your service to our Nation. There is a debt of gratitude to be paid to all our Veterans for their service.

Welcome to the forum, and welcome home..

Leigh

Welcome home 11ACR-Scout.

Did you know a young lieutenant named Tom Molino when you were in 11ACR? I will be wearing his wool field shirt with 11ACR (combat side) and 2ACR patches on it at a funeral in Idaho later this month for a C Troop, 2d Cavalry MIA (Pfc Fred Ashley) from WW II my friends and I located.

Tom was my troop commander in C Troop 1974-75.

No I didnt know Tom. Odds are he was in a line squadron, so we wouldve been different places. Next to the green berets, our regiment was the smallest independent fighting unit there, but thats still 3k+ people...

Congrats on finding the MIA. Closure is priceless.

Thanks all for the warm welcome.