Any meaning behind this? CCF Consolidated Confinement Facility

Frogskin7

Central Confinement Facility? Perhaps the owner had spent time locked up and perhaps the hashmarks were either for the number of days or the number of incidents.

there was a corps correctional facility (ccf) at ft bragg when I was there, they called it charleys chicken farm. I had to work there on special duty for 45 days supervising the "correctees" it was mostly guys that went awol, smoked dope or hit an nco type of stuff. they wore helmet liners when they were there but probably the guy that wore your helmet wanted to show that he'd been there, tick marks are probably for ten days. they were sent for a certain amount of time by their unit and ccf could extend it depending on their performance at ccf. they went on details around the post, not a fun place to be especially depending on the particular cadre that were cycling through at any given time, alot of harassment and constant supervision.

Central Confinement Facility vs Corps Correctional Facility were probably the same thing, just with a name change. The military had an annoying habit of doing that from time to time. Sometimes it was explined as taking on a "new mission" which turned out to be 90% the sameas the old mission. Same place, same unit, same personnel, new guidelines. Either way CCF was somthing to avoid during your military career.

Fort Hood had such a place... fences topped with trple layer concertina wire, guard tower, search lights, the works, straight out of a prison movie. I read that the one at Fort Bragg was later converted for use as the headquarters for Delta Force (book: Inside Delta Force).

VolunteerArmoury

there was a corps correctional facility (ccf) at ft bragg when I was there, they called it charleys chicken farm. I had to work there on special duty for 45 days supervising the "correctees" it was mostly guys that went awol, smoked dope or hit an nco type of stuff. they wore helmet liners when they were there but probably the guy that wore your helmet wanted to show that he'd been there, tick marks are probably for ten days. they were sent for a certain amount of time by their unit and ccf could extend it depending on their performance at ccf. they went on details around the post, not a fun place to be especially depending on the particular cadre that were cycling through at any given time, alot of harassment and constant supervision.

Do you recall what the helmet liners looked like? Ive gotten a recent interest/curiosity in military prisoner uniforms.

I when I was in the 82nd MP Co at Bragg I sent one of my malingering soldiers to what at that time (mid '80's) was the Consolidated Confinement Facility (better known as Charley's Chicken Farm, or simply CCF). I don't recall the internees wearing steel pots, but that was a long time ago; and I do know that a standard addition to punishment details was to do everything (cutting grass, police call, edging sidewalks, etc.) in LBE and helmets. The Vietnam War era stockade did indeed get turned over to Delta Force until their facility was completed, then it was used by 3rd Bn, 7th SFG when it redeployed from Panama circa 1990/91, then was taken over by 18th Corps Military Police when 3/7 moved into new buildings near 7th Gp HQ.

the ft bragg ccf was in ww2 barracks somewhere on main post, I don't remember exactly where and they wore their own issue liners or kevlar helmets if they were issued them, I think as cadre we wore black painted liners that probably had something else on them, I can't remember what though, that was in about 1984. I didn't really have the right disposition for that job but some nco's really got off on it.