Model 149A Gas Alarm

Vpep

Hello Everyone,

This just arrived today and Im so excited about it I couldn't wait to share. Its a Model 149A Chemical Warfare Service Gas Alarm. Its in working condition, although it may need a little oil. Unfortunately, someone painted it silver at some point in its life. I would like to hear from anyone who has more knowledge about these. I constantly see them listed (when they can be found for sale) as World War One gas alarms. Is this correct? Can anyone show a photo or a field manual that can date their use definitively? I would imagine that something like this would be permanently used at a barracks or some other fixed installation. I hope everyone enjoys it, and I look forward to any additional information, anyone can provide.

Thanks

Vic

post-113193-0-31778800-1539284624_thumb.jpg

I can't tell you anything more about it but here's mine for comparison. Repainted black. And a nice original paint Klaxon.

MVC-024S (2).JPG

MVC-027S (2).JPG

MVC-026S (2).JPG

That is great, thank you for sharing those. It’s nice to see a comparison between the klaxon and the Stewart side by side.

When I first took it out of the box, I gave it a quick crank out of curiosity. To say it’s loud and obnoxious is an understatement, and both of my dogs shot like rockets from my kitchen clear across the house to the bed room. LOL