Who's paying these prices?

thorin6

When I last saw this listing on ebay, for a PAL RH 36, it was at $180 plus $10 shipping. While nice condition, just a couple of years ago I was paying $50 for the same item, in the same condition, with a nice sheath in the same condition.

Maybe I'm out of the loop, but the prices that people are actually paying seem out of sight. I'll try to get some pictures put up shortly.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/A-WWII-US-Fighting-Knife-Bowie-RH-36-PAL-USA-USMC-USN-parkerized/392133938904?hash=item5b4d010ed8:g:pxEAAOSw~QhbsUgT

I have notice prices are real high. Especially for M3's. Not sure anyone is buying at those prices though.

That PAL 36 won't sell for 175. Maybe 65.

Someone was willing that much to pay for it. That is the way eBay works. Sometimes the urge is just too great. I have paid high prices for what I wanted, and will live with the results. I, or my heirs, may not get a profit when resold, but that is my choice.

its a buyers market. always was, all ways will be. I have over paid on many items but, now I have it and the void is filled. YOU WANT IT--- YOU PAY.

I have notice prices are real high. Especially for M3's. Not sure anyone is buying at those prices though.

That PAL 36 won't sell for 175. Maybe 65.

I didn't make it real clear; the $180 (actually $179.50) was the last bid on the knife (with about 18 minutes left), it went for $179.50.