Stuart hull and unknown (to me) little tank.

M24 Chaffee

These were parked alongside of the road a few blocks from the National Guard Militia Museum of NJ.

https://www.state.nj.us/military/museum/

I also posted a thread with pics of an M26 Pershing sitting with these tanks. I hope these vehicles can be restored some day. Ill include 6 photos.

What type is the small tank?

Frank

post-2899-0-49877500-1538746681_thumb.jpeg

I have no idea what the basic vehicle is, but looks like it has been modified to be a moving gunnery target. It has an excessive amount of added armor, and no provision for any kind of weapon. The "turret" portion does not look like it could rotate. The only other thing I can think of is something designed to drive through a mine field to intentionally detonate anti-personnel mines. Very strange, what ever it is.

USARV72,

I don’t have any photos of the road wheels and I probably won’t be back there to take more pictures for awhile. I don’t think it’s a Matilda although it has a resemblance.

Frank

I tend too agree with USARV72 its a Matildia, who lnows how many times this was modified by 3rd world countries, Armor plate added for target range pratice. The rear slope gives it away.

The Matilda does look like a close match. Especially if this vehicle has been modified. But to me it looks like this would have been modified more than needed for a target range vehicle? The front armor looks quite a bit different than the Matilda photos I compared it with. But USARV72 may be correct.

Frank