ERDL vs Mitchell Pattern Camouflage

huntssurplus

Kamo, yes, has gotten a little crazy.ERDL is either non rip stop, G.D. or B.D. rip stop. IIRC ,AMUC publication had a few articles on ERDL many years ago? All my reference is boxed for move.

Rhscott, C.I.F. opened “ the boxes” of any uniform items, stocked shelves or boxes by size and item. Bottom line question is Why were there 2 different color schemes in ERDL?

It would appear that brown superceeded the green as a better "all round" pattern.

I know how CIF works but they can only stock what comes in. If only boxes of one color came in with a particular size then that is what they stocked for issue. Each size of both colors had the exact same NSN and item name. Someone would have to make a deliberate decision to look for color matching items to issue by size.

Kamo, yes, has gotten a little crazy.ERDL is either non rip stop, G.D. or B.D. rip stop. IIRC ,AMUC publication had a few articles on ERDL many years ago? All my reference is boxed for move.

Rhscott, C.I.F. opened “ the boxes” of any uniform items, stocked shelves or boxes by size and item. Bottom line question is Why were there 2 different color schemes in ERDL?

There is at least 9 ERDLS.

owen

Pretty Please....Know LBT has all examples of Float coats, cant remember other than ERDL. There are quite a few examples of non similar material used in clothing and equipment. Sewing machine operators dont care.

Finally found positive reference regarding intent of ERDL issue, Shelby Stanton’s Uniforms and equipment- Vietnam, cammo uniforms section,” The first ERDL cammo tropical combat uniforms were Brown Dominate for Highland areas, and Green Dominate for Lowlands”, Reference: Frank Rizzo, “ Textiles Save Lives in Vietnam, NATIC Labs ,24 June 1969.

I have a visit to the Labs planned for this year.

Its in the basement somewhere.

The original I mean not online copy.

I know a guy who once owned the original oil painting of the ERDL , or leaf pattern.

He got it in the mid 1970s.

Saddly it was lost in a house fire when his house burnt down in th 1980s in up state NY.

owen

kammo, thanks for posting pattern examples. How many commercial versions are there? See examples from time to time in clothing, have small jacket somewhere in shop that was going to be a dog jacket to wear to shows.....

Was the "blurred edge" ERDL (like on the left in Owen's post #40) intentional or the result of a printing error? I see that every once in awhile and it contrasts with the crisp lines and edges on standard ERDL.